Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, July 24, 2002
 
Well, I just went on a knitting book shopping spree at amazon.com. So many great new books! I ordered: "Vintage Knits: 30 Exquisite Vintage-Inspired Patterns for Cardigans, Twin Sets, Crewnecks and More" by Sarah Dallas, "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges" by Ann F. Budd, "The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting" by Lynne Vogel, and "Vogue Knitting on the Go: Socks Two", wahoo! Of course, three of these aren't even out yet so I will have to wait.

I asked for advice on fair isle socks from socknitters and received the following suggestions: 1) Use a larger needle than normal and carry the floats *very* loosely. 2) Make sure to keep the stitches on the right needle spread out after you knit them. 3) Work patterns in your *actual* leg circumference rather than 10-20% smaller, which is what is usually used for socks. I can't decide if I want to start over on my ladybug anklets right now or not.





Comments: Post a Comment