Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, August 29, 2002
 
Last night I played around with my ball of Big Wool and made a hat. I decided 2 things: 1) This is some darn nice yarn (soft!) and well worth the money--poo on anyone who immediatley hates "big knits"! 2) I don't like the way the hat turned out so I'm going to rip it out and do it again. I don't feel bad about this at all cuz you can whip out a hat in like 2 seconds on size 19s!!

Today I am wearing my Fortissima cotton socks and I am a little disappointed in them. They fit great when I put them on and feel wonderful, but they bag and slouch and don't retain their shape. Of course I knew this about cotton, but since this yarn is made specifically for socks and contains 25% nylon I guess I thought they would be ok. I bought a bunch of this stuff when it was on sale so I'm not sure what to do with it. Put it away for baby clothes? I was also thinking about just doing the heel and toe in a wool blend. We'll see.


Comments: Post a Comment