Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, August 07, 2002
 
Yarn Substitutions.
This has been a hot topic on the knitlist lately. It has become an issue for me as I'm kind of on a yarn budget right now. So I decided I just *had* to make a sweater from the new Rowan mag (I think it's called "Little Trees"). It's in "Polar" and would run me about $100, which of course isn't in my yarn budget at the moment. BUT! I have substituted Crystal Palace Carnival (100% wool) for Polar in the past with good results. onefineyarn.com has some for super cheap in several colors. score! $30 is much better for my VISA!!!

Last night I finished sock #1 for my sock swap partner--just have to weave in the ends. Yay! I think I will cast on #2 immediately tonight to head off SSS.

Today I am wearing my red white & blue Fortissima cotton socks with my birks and they are very comfy. Life is good.


Comments: Post a Comment