Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, December 12, 2002
 
Startitis. Yesterday I went stash shopping for yarn for a hat, mittens, and scarf for my sis. As the scarf is to be funky/colorful, I am doing a simple garter stitch with dark fuschia Gedifra Gigante (thick and thin bulky wool) on size 17 needles. It's about half done already. That's about the only gauge I can stand for a scarf otherwise it's so boring I will never finish it! Then I dug out some black Nature Spun worsted and some grey Paton's classic wool (love both of these yarns--and they're cheap!) to make the "Norwegian Star" hat from Hat's On! So far it's lots of fun. I find that I really like fair isle, but only in small pieces. I am too slow/clumsy to do a whole sweater. Someday I will get decent at continental so I can do two-handed knitting.


Comments: Post a Comment