Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, March 17, 2003
 
Too much fun! I have lots to talk about today and I will try to post pics of everything tonight. First, I finished my regia cotton jacquard socks and I am wearing them today. They are so comfy--I absolutely love this blend.

Saturday afternoon I drove up to the tkga convention in Burbank. The first thing I did was do some power shopping at the market. I got bamboo yarn, cotton chenille yarn, a small felting kit to make a coin purse, 2 sets of needles, Myrna Stahman's Shawls and Scarves, a skein of bubbles, and a port-a-pocket (I think that's everything). Then I had dinner with Song and Karen and we sat and watched tv and knitted all night (Iron Chef on the big screen tv--woooo)!

Sunday we had breakfast and headed to the convention for a full day of classes. In the morning Karen and I had Knitting with Copper Wire with Nancy Wiseman. It was a blast and we each finished a necklace with beads. Then it was lunchtime and another quick run through the market. This time I got a big skein of 100% merino wool laceweight in a gorgeous pastel pink color. My afternoon class was intarsia basics with Nancy Wiseman. It was a very good class and I learned a lot. I still don't think I like intarsia, though! Oh well, that's ok I think.

Oh, I also started some new socks yesterday. They're Opal and I think maybe from the Southwest collection.


Comments: Post a Comment