Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, March 24, 2003
 
Whew, I'm back! I had a nice little vacation but it was very tiring. Knitting: I visited 2 yarn shops! One in Bellingham called the Wool Connection and one in Seattle called Acorn Street (they have a website, but I'm just too lazy to look it up right now). I picked up a few odds and ends--sock yarn, stuff for washcloths, Jaggerspun Zephyr, a pattern, a needle. I'll try to post a pic of all the goodies later.

I also got my sister excited about knitting. I think it's because knitting is "hip" right now plus she lives in a cold, damp, windy climate. I bought her a skein of Brown Sheep bulky wool and a circular needle and she started on a ribbed hat. She wants to wear it on a trip she's going on next month--she will be on a ship in the middle of the ocean near Alaska for 4 weeks. It will be pretty cold and they were told to bring lots of wool and very little cotton. Not only is wool warmer, but cotton gets heavy when wet and never dries. I am going to try to finish a few pairs of socks for her before she leaves. I asked her if she wanted wool underwear, but she declined. LOL

Oh, last night I was standing near baggage claim in the San Diego airport waiting for my luggage. DH noticed that a little girl was looking at us and pointing but we didn't know why. Then as we passed the father said "my daughter recognized you from the plane as the knitter". Tee hee!


Comments: Post a Comment