Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, June 08, 2003
 
I started a new pair of socks yesterday and I'm having fun making them. My sister prefers dk or worsted weight wool socks that are machine washable. I've been bored with my knitting lately so I wanted to use a pattern that's got some interest. So I decided on some Lorna's Laces worsted in mineshaft (greys) and the cabled sock pattern (from the knitlist, I think) that I used when making her Christmas socks. I found that LL worsted is just barely enough for a pair of size 8 or 9 socks with a 5" leg, so I figured I would use a contrast yarn so I wouldn't have to worry about it. So I'm using some Bernat Muskoka black superwash wool for the top ribbing, heel, and toe. I'm doing the gusset decreases on sock #1--I had forgotten how fast worsted weight socks go!


Comments: Post a Comment