Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, July 01, 2003
 
Well, I made my Stornoway swatch yesterday and it's no suprise that I cannot get Alice Starmore's gauge. She gets 7.5 sts/inch and the best I can do is 6 sts/inch (going down one needle size). So I did some math and figured that if I knit the size M as written it should actually end up fitting DH who wears XL-XXL. I will keep the length at the XL size. The swatch I made was a nice firm fabric as it was, so I think it will all turn out just fine.

This morning I stopped at a LYS, The Needlecraft Cottage, ISO some needles. Like a long US1 circ and a 16" US2 circ for a hat. I ended up with the 2 circ and a pattern for the Oat Couture Celtic Cardigan (for me or for mom hmmmm....)

Oh, a very nice person bought me a used copy of Alice Starmore's Fair Isle Knitting. I couldn't be happier!!!

Anyway, I still don't have the long US1 circ that I need to start Stornoway, but I ordered one last week, so I will have to wait for the UPS man for that. Last night I started sock #2 Regia cotton funny steps so I will probably work on that. Good project for warm weather. I also want to design a hat (hence the US2 circ).


Comments: Post a Comment