Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, September 23, 2003
 
Last night I finished trekking sock #1 and cast on for #2. Yay!

As promised, here are some pics. First, the cross stitch towel that I'm mailing off to Debbie M.



Second, the yarn MIL brought back from Croatia. When I was looking to buy some mercerized cotton to make Cleo, I noticed that a couple of the really high-quality brands are made in Croatia. So, when MIL took her trip this summer I asked her to keep her eye out for some. Well, either they export all of it or she just didn't go to the right stores. But hey, free yarn is free yarn. And it has cool Croatian labels (actually one is from Czechosolvakia)



I have 2 balls of the pink on on the right, which is a shiny cotton/viscose blend. I want to make something for MIL and Melinda suggested the leaf cravat from IK a while back. I think that's a great idea and I should have just enough yarn. The one on the left is a sort of nubby cotton/acrylic blend and I have 7 balls of it. I have no idea what I will do with it, so it will probably have to marinate in my stash until next summer. A tank maybe?

Last night I decided to try making candy for the very first time. Since we lived in Louisiana for 6 years, I decided to make DH's favorite--pralines (a New Orleans classic). They turned out perfectly and I was so excited. I think the key to it was actually using the candy thermometer I bought at the dollar store



DH took most of them to work to give to his non-worldy friends (ie, they probably haven't heard of New Orleans, let alone pralines. They didn't even know what sorbet was).






Comments: Post a Comment