Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, November 01, 2003
 
Lots to talk about today. First. The good news is that I am employed (finally!) and the bad news is that it's only part-time. Oh well, what's a girl to do. The plan (cross your fingers) is that it will switch to full-time in about 3 months if everything goes well. I am the new chemistry research associate at the Burnham Institute. The projects sound interesting so here's hoping I will like it and won't mind how horribly I'm getting paid! I start Monday morning.

Second. I opened a cafe press shop with some fun Christmas/knitting items. I'm always a sucker for anything holiday-related and it was fun creating the items. Check it out if you get a chance.

Third. Check out Lynn's new websitewith her hand-dyed yarns. Gorgeous. I already snagged a skein for myself.

Fourth. Yesterday I did some sewing. Jackson is a warm-weather-loving dog so the combination of him getting a buzz cut and the weather turning cool (60s) makes him shiver. He likes this fleece jacket, but of course that's for Halloween so he needed some more. I went to JoAnn's, picked up 2 more fleece prints, and made him 2 more shirts. He loves them. Oh, I also made this really cool travel jewelry pouch that rolls up. I used some leftover fleece fabric and it turned out really cute (pattern from an old JoAnn etc magazine). I will include it with my mom's package of birthday gifts and she will love using it when she comes to visit me for Christmas!


Comments: Post a Comment