Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, January 30, 2004
 
This is the time of year when I'm really glad that I live in southern California. Everyone else is so cold (and they are complaining about it on their blogs. heh). My poor mom--the other night the actual temperature was -20F and the next morning her car wouldn't start for her to go to work. She had to call a friend (who had better luck, or a newer car) for a ride. Here, it still gets up into the 60s most days and it's usually sunny. As a matter of fact, we don't even have to turn on the heat in our apartment. Ever. Now, this sounds great, I know, but keep in mind that the average house price in San Diego is $450,000. Yup. And I have friends looking for 2-bdrm condos and they couldn't find anything for less than $275,000. Insane. We rent, btw, and probably always will.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I made some more progress on my kneesocks. Today I have some cleaning to do, but I'm hoping to work on the must-have. Of course, if I get frustrated, I will be back to the kneesocks.


Comments: Post a Comment