Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
 
I love knitting socks. I spent all of Friday afternoon knitting the new green sock and then at the end of the night I frogged it cuz I realized I didn't like the colors and I would never have made it through the second sock. Instead, I dug out some gorgeous Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the colorway blueberry hill. So pretty. I started a sock for me and I'm at the gusset decreases right now. I've decided that I'm only going to make socks for me using super-soft merino like CTH, koigu, or lorna's laces. Am I spoiled or what?

I started a garter stitch scarf for my MIL. At Christmas, I gave a scarf to my BIL's gf and of course my MIL wanted one too cuz everyone in all the magazines is wearing long handknit scarves. But of course, she had to ok the yarn and the color. So when we went there on Sunday for her birthday I brought some gorgeous burgundy wool/alpaca that I got from Karen. She decided it would do (harumph) so I just cast on 20 stitches on a 10 1/2 needle and I'm garter stitching away. Good thing it's a bulky yarn.

Sewing. I finished the purple velour hoodie but I haven't worn it yet. I have a tiny bit of hand sewing to do on the zipper. Yesterday I started a sundress from me using some great peachskin that I got on clearance at JoAnns. I have to get to the store this week sometime and buy a 20" zipper for it.


Comments: Post a Comment