Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, March 20, 2004
 
Yarn shopping to celebrate my new job!

I am so bad. I haven't really been able to buy yarn for so many months (well, ok, I cheated with a bit of sock yarn recently, but still) so I'm going a little crazy.

First, I bought Rowan 4-ply cotton to make this beauty



it's lacy by Kaffe Fassett. I know I'm crazy to do a Fassett in cotton, but I've always wanted to do one of his designs. And I might as well do one that I really like and that I will wear often (cotton, Southern California). I'm so excited.

I also ordered the latest Rowan mag and a shawl pattern (Violets by the River) from Blackberry Ridge. Oh, did I forget to mention that I got some beautiful hand-painted laceweight cotton from ebay (Mystical Creations Yarns) that is in shades of lavenders?

Finally, there's a short-sleeved lacy Joan M-M sweater in an issue of Cast-On from last year that I want to make. It's in Heirloom 8 ply cotton, which is normally about $5/ ball. But, I got some in pink on clearance from ozeyarns for about half that. Whooo! And while I was paying international shipping, I threw in 2 balls of breeze cotton sock yarn (in mint) for good measure.


Comments: Post a Comment