Stephanie's crafting obsession
Knitting, sewing, cross stitching, my life in general.
Preemie Project Volunteers
< - £ Stitching Bloggers & + >
Previous | Next
California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join | Next
My amazon wishlist
Saturday, May 08, 2004
The sew-a-long top is finished except for hemming the bottom. I'm not real pleased with the fit--the top part is too big and the whole thing just looks a little wonky. Good thing the fabric was cheap. I'm going to put it aside for now and later I will see if alterations can be done to save it.
Yesterday I went to JoAnns on my lunch hour to pick up some new patterns for $.99. I also bought 1-yd pieces of several cute cotton prints (including strawberry shortcake!) to make some little shorts for summer. I seem to keep cutting things out and not sewing them. Here are the things I currently have cut out and sitting in the living room somewhere:
1) Sewing room accessories: sewing machine cover & snippits holder
2) basic dress from some pretty floral lightweight polyester
3) Shorts in cotton hawaiian print
4) denim drawstring capri pants
5) Orange Hawaiian button-down shirt
6) Orange Hawaiian bucket hat
Uh, I think I should fire up the sewing machine, no?
Comments: Post a Comment