Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, September 08, 2004
 
Ponchos, a UFO, and a wish list

Well, I think I may have to give in and knit a poncho. I already made a fleece one last year (sewn) and I bought a knit one from a thrift shop. But, well, I'm feeling the need for a lacey over-the-head knit poncho. I'm busy looking at free patterns on the web (there are about a million), but I may end up making up my own pattern.

I did in fact pull out a knitting UFO for this past weekend. It's the basic v-neck pullover that I'm knitting with elann Peruvian Sierra in a gorgeous eggplant color (I'm using a Rowan pattern called "Jack"). I finished the back last year and started on the sleeves. I've made some good progress on those sleeves so I'm hoping to have a pic of them blocking by tomorrow or the next day. Then I just have to do the front. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do some sort of pattern on the front. A big cable, maybe?

Finally, for my secret pal. With my birthday and Christmas coming up, I am starting to compile a wish list. If you still need some ideas for the final package, here are a few: 1 skein Schaefer Anne, the Fiber Trends patterns "Sunshine & Sails Bath Set" and "Braid & Bobble Hat", Rowan mag #36, Rebecca mag #28, the 2 new Noro books by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton and Jane Ellison, 1 skein Suede yarn by Berroco in color "hopalong cassidy".


Comments: Post a Comment