Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
 
Grrr. I'm starting to dislike Blogger. Between our archaic dial-up and Blogger's slow load time, it's been very hard for me to get on and post.

Anyway, I dropped my mom off at the airport yesterday afternoon. We had a great time while she was here. We did some shopping (she finished all of her Christmas shopping), saw a movie (Bridget Jones), ate (a lot), watched football, and even did some knitting. We made a trip to a LYS and had fun checking out baby patterns. Mom bought a new pattern book and immediately started on a super-cute fuzzy baby bathrobe using some yellow Sirdar Snowflake that was in my stash. I bought the Ann Norling fruit hat pattern and some stone cotton and made an apple (or a tomato, as DH claims).

I finished a few other things along the way (hopefully I can post pics tomorrow). I finished the blue socks made from elann Sock It To Me Puzzle and gave them to my mom. I also finished the garter stitch scarf I was making with my kool-aid dyed yarn (that needs a good wash and blocking now). I finished one toe-up sock using the yellow and green koigu from Stitches (my Packer sock), but I'm not really pleased with it. I'm thinking about frogging it.

In the meantime, I think I will start a nice mindless Christmas sock (with my Regia banner color in red, white, and green). The new pattern was announced today for the Six Sox Knitalong, but I'm not terribly excited about it. It's knitting with beads. I might have to put that one off until January--I have too much fun Christmas stuff to work on.


Comments: Post a Comment