Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
 
WIP roundup

The sockapalooza socks. As you can see, one is done. I am working on the gusset decreases on the second one. I think I will eventually have to make a pair of these for myself. The lace pattern is very easy to memorize and I think it does look really cool with the self-striping yarn. In case you haven't seen this pattern before, it's called 'peak experience' from Fiber Trends and it was specifically written for self-striping yarn. It contains two slightly different pattern stitch variations. But once I finish these, I plan to go back and finish the pink Opal socks that I started several months ago.



The braids cardigan. This was in the ufo pile. I started it because of a knit-a-long with the ample knitters group (and I'm not really sure how long ago that was). It's a cool pattern cuz it's basically knit in one piece with no sewing. It's a little bit boring to knit, though, and the cotton yarn I'm using (recycled cotton purchased from elann) can be hard on the hands. I'm really looking forward to the finished sweater, though. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it (even with my growing belly).



Baby blanket. I just started this over the weekend. The pattern is from Vogue KOTG Baby Blankets it's called Old Shale Lace blanket. It's a square that's knit from the center out. The pattern calls for bulky baby alpaca on 8's, while I'm using a laceweight on 4's. I'll have to do some improvising later to make it large enough. The yarn is from joslyn's fiber farm and it's gorgeous.



Comments: Post a Comment