Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
 

Here are my 2 finished votive sleeves (modeling next to Mr. Tubbs the snowman, of course). The pattern is from the (awesome) book Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick. I used 26 gauge wire instead of 24 gauge cuz that's what I had on hand. For one (on the left) I used all faux pearls and for the other (on the right) I used faux pearls plus some white and clear beads that were in my stash. I think they look cute, but not great. I'm not sure if I want to give them as gifts or not. They worked up quickly, but knitting with wire isn't all that fun IMHO. It's hard on the hands (and the needles)!


Comments:
These are really pretty, and I love that you were able to use what you have on hand. I, myself, am trying to get out of the urge to run to the craft store the minute I get a bee in my bonnet. I'm sad to hear that knitting with wire isn't fun, though. I had a feeling it might not be. Should I try it anyway?
 
The snowman and candleholders all look great! I think I'll refrain from trying the knitting with wire thing, based on what you and other knitters have said.
 
I like the wire candle holders. They look pretty from here. Sounds like a work out to knit though.
 
Post a Comment