Stephanie's crafting obsession
Knitting, sewing, cross stitching, my life in general.
Preemie Project Volunteers
< - £ Stitching Bloggers & + >
Previous | Next
California Knit Bloggers
Previous| Join | Next
My amazon wishlist
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I love the good stuff, but I also use acrylic (especially for charity).
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin and I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
straights in a glass vase, circs in a homemade version of the circular solution, dpns in a fabric case I made.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been seriously knitting for 5 or 6 years, although I learned when I was about 7. I'd say intermediate to advanced.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
anything with real essential oils, especially lavender and patchouli
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
and how. chocolate covered caramels are my fave.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
sewing. a little bit of beading and scrapbooking/cardmaking. cross stitch.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm not a big music person these days.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors, although pale yellow is my favorite.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married with a 7-month old boy (Henry).
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
mainly just hats, since I live in a warm climate. Well, and lightweight or lacey scarves.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
koigu, lorna's laces, Cascade 220.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not a big fan of mohair or angora.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
socks, knit toys, wool soakers and longies for baby.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
socks, preemie hats for charity, a lace baby blanket, a pullover for me.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
depends on my mood.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
depends on the yarn, but usually bamboo.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was a child.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
um, a couple years I guess.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas (and the Super Bowl. heh).
26. Is there anything that you collect?
besides yarn, fabric, and knitting books? cookbooks and Green Bay Packer paraphenalia
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Socks that Rock.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
crochet (especially amigurimi).
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes. I wear a size 8 1/2 shoe. My ankle is 9".
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
>href="http://www.doommovie.com ">Doom the Movie DVD - At Olduvai Research Station, Mars, something has gone terribly wrong. The now deceased researchers at the station have quarantined the site and its up to Sarge (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) and his crew to clean up every hellish creature they find. Get your href=http://www.doommovie.com >Doom the Movie DVD at http://www.doommovie.comPost a Comment