Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, March 19, 2006
 
It's been a decent day so far, although poor Henry is getting over a stomach bug. This morning I went to Starbucks, had a decaf mocha frappucino, and decided to work on Henry's feather and fan baby blanket. I worked on it at the retreat and of course I made a mistake because I can't knit lace and talk at the same time. I am really sick of this blanket so I just bound it off! It's amazing that I had over 500 stitches on the needle (in the round) and it's still quite small. I know, it was laceweight yarn and size 4 needles (I think) but it seems like I was knitting this thing for about 100 years. My plan is to wash it and see how big it will block out and then I will decide what to do with it.

Then I went to the food co-op and naturally I forgot to bring my shopping list. And the food co-op is way across town. Oy. I got lots of fun things like wheat germ and soy ham (I am trying to eat healthier).

On the way home I stopped at the vegetarian restaurant to pick up lunch. While I was waiting, I popped in to the thrift shop next store (which benefits an animal welfare group--I forget which one). I didn't spend a lot of time there but I did manage to score these 4 cute pink cloth napkins and 2 balls of GGH Esprit for a grand total of $1.08!


Comments:
Great bargain!
 
Post a Comment