Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, June 07, 2004
 
Ok, so today is the first day of the rest of my life. I think I shall be full of silly cliches today as I try to get things back on track.

Last night I pigged out on enchiladas, margaritas, and chocolate candy, so today it's back to getting healthy. No caffeine, no nutrasweet, 0-1 alcoholic beverages a day, cut way down on refined carbs. Lots of water and some sort of exercise every day (starting with just walking & yoga).

I realize that there was nothing I could have done to prevent my miscarriage, but because of my health problems I really need to try and live a healthy lifestyle to maximize my health & fertility for the future. I need to feel in control of the tiny bit that I can be in control of.

As for my mental health, I just printed out the calendar for the local Buddhist temple I have been meaning to visit and I also need to make an appointment with the therapist my shrink referred me to. Then, to start doing something about my job situation.

For the most part, I try to keep this blog about crafts and stuff. But for some reason I feel the need to put my "plan" in writing so I guess here is as good a place as any. As for crafts, I am continuing on the Ahoy! socks. I just turned the heel on the first one and I'm picking up the gusset stitches. I forgot how quickly socks work up in dk weight yarn. I sewed myself a cute little tank top from some bright pink Hello Kitty fabric and I'm not sure what I want to work on next.


Comments:
Hi.
I'm very sorry to hear you had a miscarrage.

I quit drinking caffine to and it really cuts down on headaches. Have a great day!!

Tina
 
Post a Comment