Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, July 30, 2004
 
I just had a knitting epiphany.  This weekend I'm going to re-start the Cranberry Cardigan in Jaeger Chamonix.  At least 2 years ago, when this yarn first came out, there were lots of people talking about it online.  Ooohing and aaahing, then sadness about just how very expensive it is.  Then I saw the cranberry cardigan and I had to make it.  I splurged and ordered the yarn and the pattern book from colourway (note that it was still the most money I've ever paid for yarn to make a sweater).  I started a sleeve and knitting it was absolute heaven.  As usual, I got sidetracked and never even finished one sleeve.  Good thing because I later checked my gauge and it was off, so I frogged it and put the precious yarn back in my stash to age.  I think about it every once in a while...it's that yarn that's almost too good to knit, know what I mean?  Well, this morning I was reading Stephanie's blog and I was admiring her cherry aran and suddenly I decided that the cranberry cardigan shall be mine!  This project will be a nice diversion from my new job, which is exhausting me!!





Comments: Post a Comment