Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, October 18, 2004
 
Hey, do you need an excuse to buy some lovely pink yarn? Well, Rosies' yarn cellar is donating money to breast cancer research if you buy any of this great yarn. Speaking of excuses to buy yarn, my sister requested a new pair of mittens for Christmas. So, this was a great excuse for me to order one of these kits. Yay and yum!

I've been sick since Friday so I haven't been knitting the Garden shawl. Sick + lace knitting = frogging later. I did finish the first chart (leaf lace A) on Friday, though. yay! I'm anxious to get back to it when my head doesn't hurt so much.

In other knitting, I turned the heel on the second Trekking autumn sock. I'm also starting to think about Christmas gifts so I started a pair of worsted weight socks for my BIL. He wears a size 14 so there's no way he's getting fingering weight socks! Not this year anyway.

It's raining today and San Diego and I love it. This weekend was the first rain we've gotten in something like 180 days. Crazy! I like having it somewhat dark and cool--it actually feels a bit like autumn. Southern Californians freak out whenever it rains and get in 40-car pileups and stuff. I hope none of them ever have to drive in snow!


Comments: Post a Comment