Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
 
I hate to be a whiner (ya right), but today has been one of those days. And it's only lunchtime. I have a headache, a stomachache, and a pinched nerve in my shoulder. This morning I made banana bread and I forgot to add the sugar (blech). So I just feel crappy all around and I still have lots of non-fun stuff to do before I leave for N.J. I have to bathe the dog, go to the post office, go to the pet store and buy dogfood, clean the kitchen, and pack. Then I have to get on a plane at 9pm and I won't arrive until 6:30 tomorrow morning. ugh!

The good news is that I'm going to have a fantastic weekend. I love my knitterly friends, and they are kind enough to get up that damn early to pick two of us up at the airport.

In other happy news, I finished my sweater! It needs a good blocking, but that will have to wait. I need to put it in my suitcase so I can wear it all weekend! Here's a terrible bathroom pic (I'm the only one home and this color photographs terribly anyway)



The yarn is Peruvian Sierra from elann. 80% highland wool, 20% alpaca. The color is really a dark purple-ish with bits of red. And the sweater fits perfectly! It's a bit oversized, but that's how the pattern was written, which I like.


Comments:
It's a bit dark to see the color, but I like the shape and the yarn sounds pretty yummy! Have a safe trip!

Heidi
 
Hey, I made banana bread yesterday too. And I nearly forgot the eggs. But it turned out great, it is banana-blueberry bread.

Your sweater looks great. Have a great weekend with your friends. Sounds like a really great time. Can't wait until you post all about it.

Your Secret Pal
 
Hehe. I made banana-nut bread for a bake sale when I was a senior in high school. I delivered it fresh and warm to the town hall and it dawned on me, when I arrived home, that I'd forgotten to add sugar. I ran back to retrieve them, but someone had already bought them. Oooohhh Noooooo.

Vicki
http://knitorious.typepad.com/knitorious
 
Post a Comment