Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, May 16, 2005
 
Yes, more diapers



I'm having fun making diapers. Well, at least they're useful, right? The red ones are more AIOs. The teal ones are called pocket diapers. They have an outer waterproof layer (PUL) and an inner "stay-dry" wicking layer (ALOVA suedecloth from JoAnns). Then there's an opening in the back of the diaper where you can slip in your absorbent soaker and then remove it for easy washing and drying. Many people seem to love these pocket diapers and they're really quite trim. The 2 light blue ones are just waterproof covers made from PUL and fold-over elastic. I also made one more (not pictured) from the teal monkey fabric.

Not much else to report. I bought a men's Padres t-shirt on clearance--size XXL--and cut it up and made it into a maternity tank top. It turned out pretty cute. I also used some of my diaper fabric scraps to make some nursing pads and cloth menstrual pads. Exciting!

I'm continuing on my finding nemo cross stitch and maybe I'll post a progress pic tomorrow. Today is Monday which means 'work on Christmas stuff day' so I'm back to my Bent Creek Snowman stocking.


Comments: Post a Comment