Stephanie's crafting obsession


My amazon wishlist


EMAIL ME!


KnitNet logo
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
 
Soakers

You may have noticed that in last Wednesday's entry Henry was wearing a bright orange wool soaker. I knit that one using the hybrid wool soaker pattern and some vintage wool from eBay. Here's the other one I just knit in preemie size



The stars are cut from some felted wool leftovers and sewn on. This one won't fit him for much longer!

Here's a pic of him modeling one I made a while back using this pattern and some cascade 220 in white. It's really a lot cuter on than I thought it would be.



Right now I'm trying out this pattern with some kelly green cascade 220.

I know I was skeptical, but these wool soakers really are great over cloth diapers. They are cooler and more breathable than plastic of any kind and they really do soak up a lot of liquid. Oh, and you don't have to wash them each time you use them. Wool is magical that way.


Comments: Post a Comment